So your COE is expiring and you’ve decided to get rid of your car. How do you go about ensuring that it’s no longer under your ownership and that it’s been disposed of properly? Read on to find out:
1. Clear all outstanding dues you may have (e.g vehicle loans, road tax, fines, etc.)
2. At least one day before your COE expiry, drive your car over to an LTA-authorised scrapyard / LTA-authorised service agent. Bring your NRIC.
3. After come over, you can online using SingPass/CorpPass 2FA at ONEMOTORING WEBSITE apply to deregister your vehicle.
4. LTA-authorised service agents will help you submit the document.
It’s really that simple!
So come on and bring your car over to our scrapyard and Seng Huat Motors Trading Pte Ltd will get the job done. Even better, we’ll salvage parts of your car to sell, and you can get a cut out of it (if it’s any consolation from losing your car forever).
Upon de-registering your vehicle, you might be entitled to rebates for your PARF or remaining COE value. Be sure to check if you are eligible for these rebates. You may cash that amount out. Otherwise, the PARF/COE rebates can be used to offset the upfront taxes for a new vehicle. If you wish to encash these rebates, read on:
1. Check the amount you are eligible for in rebates
2. Apply to encash your rebates. This can be done in one of three ways:
(a) Online via eServices@ONE.MOTORING account
(b) Submission of application to LTA
(c) via Electronic Service Agent (ESA)
For more details, click here.